PaisaDukan gets NBFC-P2P Certificate of Registration from the RBI
PaisaDukan received Certificate of Registration on 28th June, 2018 by the Reserve Bank of India under Section 45 IA of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. With this, PaisaDukan became the first new entrant to get a NBFC-P2P license from the RBI.
Our journey of Peer to Peer (P2P) lending in India started from November 2017. There was no looking back since then. We have already received a cumulative seed funding of $875K from two rounds of funding, showcasing the trust that investor fraternity has showered on us.
Adding to the credentials as the best Peer-to-Peer (P2P) lending platform in India, we are the only P2P lending company who has launched the website in Hindi language so that we make customer journey easy through our platform.
Information about NBFC-P2P
Peer to Peer (P2P) Lending platform is one which connects verified borrowers who are seeking a loan to a group of registered lenders who can disburse the same and get returns on their investment in the form of monthly EMIs.
NBFC-P2P is a registered non-banking institution recognized by the Reserve Bank of India, which carries out the business of P2P lending in India.
Directives of RBI which are to be kept in mind while lending or borrowing:
- At any given point of time a lender will not be able to invest more than INR 10,00,000 Lakhs across all P2P Platforms
- Lender at any given point of time can invest only up to INR 50,000 for one borrower across all P2P platforms
- Total loan amount taken by the borrower at any given point of time should not exceed 10,00,000 lakhs
- Maturity of the loans should not exceed 36 months
Benefits of being an NBFC-P2P
- An NBFC-P2P shall become a member of all CICs (Credit Information Companies) and will be submitting the data to them regular intervals on a month basis. Hence, all the borrower payment details will now be monitored and recorded.
You can read the Master Directions from RBI in more detail here.
P2P Firms becoming a Boon for Borrowers and Lenders:
- As traditional banking technique wants the customers to submit the mortgage in case of approving a loan, whereas P2P firm provides them a loan without any mortgages
- NBFCs make it more convenient for borrowers and lenders to transact seamlessly on the same platform
- Ideal for the under-banked population that has zero credit score and history
- High interest rate for lenders as compared to the returns they get from mutual funds or shares
- Lower interest rate for borrowers as compared to credit cards
- If the amount is reinvested then the returns gets multiplied over a short period of time
- For lenders, the platform helps in diversifying risk allows you to reinvest earnings into new loans, spreading your investments and mitigating the risk of an individual default on your portfolio.
Future Initiatives of PaisaDukan?
PaisaDukan has employed an energetic team of IIM graduates who act as integration mediums. The team is working under the umbrella of strong corporate governance and influential leadership. ‘unlearning’ is what they say, these young minds are perfect fit for the nascent industry of P2P lending.
Note: The company is having a valid Certificate of Registration dated 28th June, 2018 issued by the Reserve Bank of India under Section 45 IA of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.